Wednesday, February 20, 2008

True Love...


My Little Man shows me all the time the genuine, unconditional love of a child, and something that happened today was the perfect display of this. When it was normal nap/ quiet time in our home I invited him to stay up and do some school work. His immediate response was a big grin and the question "Is that true, do you mean it?". I said "Of course I mean it". Then we walked down the stairs hand in hand and he says "Mommy, I would love to stay up with just you. I love you." Oh, to melt a mother's heart. I know he may someday not want to hold my hand or express his joy so freely but today he did and I will greatly cherish that! I tell him all the time that no matter how big he gets he will always be my baby. He is my oldest and only boy I will cherish that special relationship as long as I live.


Day by day as I watch him grow I get a glimpse of what Mary must have felt standing at the foot of the cross watching her oldest son fulfill the will of His Father. Wow!!

1 comment:

Chris and Michelle said...

Thank you so much for finding me! Your family is so beautiful, Amy, and I rejoice knowing that God is at the very center of it! We are overwhelmingly thankful for our little guy. He melts our hearts each day. We can't wait to give him a little sister someday not too far away :-) Love you! Say "hi" to Josh :-)